Monday, October 10, 2011

Burning Man Gear

I'm trying to gather my thoughts on what gear I'll need for BM2012. There is a Survival Guide that I've read through. Here are some things I know I want...

A tent, suggested it be canvas and Kodiak seems to be the tent of choice. It's not the cheapest or the lightest but it's suppose to be super high quality so I'm thikning it would be a good investment for more camping. Its the FlexBow Kodiak  and a 10x10 which is plenty big for a couple of people, gear, etc... price....$500.



The other thing is a bike. Beause of the environment, sand, wind...well, sand and wind is enough to ruin a geared bike so a single speed bike is what I'm thinking. The one I'm currently looking at is the Firmstrong Bruiser Prestige Single Speed Men's 26 Beach Cruiser, Matte Black w/Green Rims. It just looks like a cool bike, right??!!
...price...$225.

There are some cool other things like El Wire...in case you don't know...I didn't...its like a glowing wire thats very flexible and could make the bike like real cool... but it's not really a mandatory piece of gear...or is it? It starts about $30...could be more depending on how elaborate!




So that's my wish list as of today.

Oh, here is the Survival Guide MUST BRING LIST :
· Your ticket or your photo ID and confirmationnumber to pick up at ticket at Will Call
· 1.5 gallons of water/person/day (drinking, washing, & cooking) Always have a water bottle
· Enough food/beverages for your group
· An extensive First-aid kit
· Warm clothing for evenings –this is a desert at 4,000 feet elevation!
· Bedding & shelter of – the winds can exceed 75 mph, midday temps can exceed 100° F
· A good camp tent and warm sleeping bags. Evening temperatures can be in the 40s
· Garbage and recycling bags, and tools to clean up your camp site (rakes, etc.)
· Any required prescriptions, contact lens supplies (disposables work great), or anything
  else you need to maintain your health and comfort in a remote area with no services
· Flashlights and spare batteries (headlamps areuseful) to see and be seen at night
· Sunscreen/sunblock & sunglasses
· Fire extinguishers, to protect your camp and property and if you plan to burn your art
· Common sense, an open mind, and a positive attitude







No comments:

Post a Comment

express you, ask me, challenge it...