Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Burning Man 2012 Road Trip

In preparation for my BM 2012 Road Trip I've mapped out a tentative plan. I've read that the first 18hrs after the gates open, which I believe is Aug 27, 2012 at 12:00 am, the lines are long. Be that as it may I'm planning to arrive around 5AM that day...which means that I need to leave apprx 9pm the Friday before Aug 24th.

15 hours (1000 miles) later I should arrive at my first resting stop,Vernon, TX...(pop 12001 ...really??? 12000 +1???) at about 1pm on Sat 8/25. Not even sure what is there...lol...but we'll see! After some rest (hmmmm....car or motel? perhaps not the best choice, rural TX, to stay...this might require visual perspective!) I'll head out around 9pm on the next leg...
to Las Vegas!! I should arrive there after another 15 hrs (and another 1000 miles) at around noon on Sunday 8/26...and get some sleep (does anyone get sleep in Las Vegas??). I think this time I'll stay in a motel as it will be the last real sleep I'll get for a week! The plan is to leave Las Vegas at 9pm Sunday night and drive the last 500 miles to.......



Black Rock City...aka...The Playa...
for my first tour of Burning Man! Oh yeah...I'm a dork!

No comments:

Post a Comment

express you, ask me, challenge it...