Sunday, November 20, 2011

rant

I've been avoiding the eplaya for the last few days and I just figured out why! I was getting tired of all the boohooing about the new system they organizers are trying for ticket sales. It's a lottery of sorts and to listen to some of the people on there you'd think that someone had told them sorry you can't go! The way I understand it, there is going to be a pre-sale in December and then an open registration in Jan. You pick a price tier, the price you think you want to pay, and then there's a drawing and if you're name is selected then you get a ticket! Bear in mind there are like 50,000 tickets and while it sold out last year it took till June to do so.  The price has apparently gone up (what hasn't) so of course everyone is crying about that too! I guess I understand that if you've been going for several years it might be disappointing if your name isn't chosen but come on...grow a pair and get over it! I'm confident that there will be a fair chance for everyone to go and I'm truly not sweating it, cause I believe I'll score a ticket, dunno why but I'll register in Jan for a ticket I can afford and then wait for confirmation. But, in the event I don't...well I don't. Perhaps missing the event won't be as hard on me because I've never been and this is to be first year and I don't really know what I'll be misiing. But honestly there are a ridiculous amount of posts regarding this topic!!! WTF! If I wasn't sure the boohooers were the minority I'd be wondering if this was the place for me. Fortunately I've had the opportunity to trade barbs with some cool people who I think represent the majority of Burners...not entirely supporting the new approach but willing to give it a try. Chill people. Most of them trying to get people to relax and let the ball roll, pointing to the obvious waste of time getting all bound up for nothing! Ok thats my rant, more or less. I figured it would be saner to get it out here rather than make everyone read ALL THIS!
Peace

No comments:

Post a Comment

express you, ask me, challenge it...