Friday, November 30, 2007

wonder where?

I'm wondering tonight where he is…that guy who will be with me someday. I know there is one out there for me, because, well because I just believe. If I didn't believe he was out there somewhere making his way in my direction as I make my way toward him, it would be just too awful. I'm a romantic and so I need to believe that someone who is just right for me exists. I might have met him already and I might not. I don't care what he does for a living as long as he loves what he does. I don't care where he has been, but I want to know he wants to go in a direction that will make him feel good about himself. I want to hear him laugh at something silly. I want to talk about how a skyline inspires, or a neighborhood intrigues me and have him listen because he's interested. I want us to go on an adventure to nowhere to find out what's there and to see what we find along the way. I want to walk left as he goes right knowing all along that we'll meet back up in the middle. I want him to believe in something so much that he wants me to learn what it's about and I want him to want to learn about my beliefs. I want him to be patient, irreverent, political and silly. I want him to encourage me to dream and ask me about what I dream about. I want him to be able to sit contently with his own company as he is content to sit with mine. I want there to be his friends, my friends and our friends. I want to dance with him, watch a movie with him, and get nasty with him. I wonder what he's doing tonight…and if he's wondering where I am?


No comments:

Post a Comment

express you, ask me, challenge it...