Sunday, November 25, 2007

holiday distractions

My mind can go in so many directions…the holidays only complicate things for meJ. I use to live in chaos; it was where I was comfortable. My life today is much more organized. Don't misunderstand I like spontaneity…but it's easier for me to live within the confines of a schedule. I like things better that way overall. I prefer a job that is a Monday through Friday sorta thing. I like having a plan on what I might do on any given night. So on Thursday night I'm use to seeing a group of friends that I hang out with on most Thursday nights. This week however there was Thanksgiving so I missed seeing my regular group and did a holiday thing instead. I had a great time, but I still missed my friends. There is the rub for me during the next 4 or 5 weeks…there will be all sorts of festivities that are up for grabs and I have to make some sacrifices here and there as I have to make a decision to do one thing or another. Add into the mix the potential of meeting a couple of new guys to ask out for dinner...! It's great, on one hand, because it's been a long time since I even had choices to make…but it's hard too because spending time doing my "routine" is something that provides me with some mental/spiritual comfort. Growing up can be hard…lol. I wonder if other people think about some of the shit I do?


No comments:

Post a Comment

express you, ask me, challenge it...