Thursday, November 22, 2007

thanks

Today is Thanksgiving and I ought to take a moment to write about how grateful I am for the gifts I have in my life. I am an incredibly fortunate man. I am in great physical health, have wonderful friends, loving family, a good education…I could go on for a good while. I don't want to write a gratitude list. And yet it is quite hard not to take a moment to show some gratitude for what I have received. Somehow at moments like this it's difficult not to believe in something…I'm not sure what name you might like, God, Krishna, Buddha, Allah, Aten, whether it's the God or Goddess…but for me it's impossible not to believe. For me there is some force that is far greater than me. How else could I still be here today drawing one breath after another? You might call it luck or you might say it's from putting one foot in front of the other. But there were lots of days when I couldn't tell which foot was which and days that my luck could have been called anything but luck and somehow I made it here... to today. For whatever reason, I've made it this far and I am convinced that without a little Divine intervention it would not have been possible. Am I grateful today? Yep.


No comments:

Post a Comment

express you, ask me, challenge it...