Saturday, January 14, 2012

snail mail

I have this idea for an art project. My hope is to bring it to Burning Man I was thikning something along these lines
  • Get people to mail themselves a postcard to BRCPO perhaps something handmade
  • Have it delivered by one of the BRCPO volunteers (I’ll be volunteering for certain!! – maybe I’ll document people receiving their mail!!)
  • Put together some traveling art case to allow people to make their own outgoing postcard - gift them a stamp - and collect the mail and take it to the BRCPO to be postmarked after the Burn.
  • Hang out at Center Camp, the Temple and some of the art installations, big theme camps and collect more mail. 
  • I understand that in years past BRC has had a commemorative, special events USPS cancellation stamp.
I'm thinking it might be cool to send a card to some of the people I've met on eplaya. That way I could be sure to meet them in the dust...and wouldn't it be cool to bring them a card!!

The other thing I've been thiking about is gifting...I wanna make and gift
  • Bacon Jam
  • Peanut Butter Fudge
  • Dark Choclate Fudge with Bacon
  • Medjool dates filled with  something...frozen pear?
  • Cookies
  • Figs
This is just where my head is today...

No comments:

Post a Comment

express you, ask me, challenge it...