Monday, August 17, 2009

When what I know isn't what I feel

I was always under the misguided belief that there was a Prince Charming..that one day he would come along and life would be so much more. I totally bought into the Cinderella phenomena; that there aforementioned fantasy was real and that any moment he would show up with my other Nike Shox! I was always under the belief that there would be that One Perfect Love...ya know the one. That one close to perfect guy that I fit together with like a puzzle...the one who "had me at hello". Imagine my surprise when I found out, no, make that - finally believed the previous mentioned fantasies were in fact no more than that. SHIT!
Well the Prince thing I get, but I still wonder if there wasn't the One Perfect Love? If I subscribe to that belief could I presume that during T.U.Y. (The Using Years) that maybe I did, in fact, meet this Mr Wonderful and was just too bonzo to know it and he simply got on a different train than I? Perhaps that OPL has expired! Following this theory, if I know (or choose to believe) can I then stop looking/waiting and just f'n got on with LIFE. Perhaps I was not cut out to be a one-on-one sorta guy (no punned intended). So I wonder, perhaps I ought to approach this from a different perspective and maintain several relationships with men that each serve a different purpose. I could have "movie guy", dinner guy", "gym guy, "sex guy" "coffee guy" "kickin at the park guy"...the list might be endless or maybe some guys serve a dual role.."movie/dinner", "gym/sex" etc...
Maybe the roles are not even that clear, but I know that I need to re-think what I know and put it in line with what I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

express you, ask me, challenge it...