Wednesday, April 23, 2008

my neurotransmitters

All my life I've heard one thing, always the same thing…"if you would pay attention you could accomplish so much" ... I've wondered for a long time what the problem was and I finally decided to ask someone…and this was what I found out…my problem is chemical…my neurotransmitters don't talk to each other! Bad neurotransmitters! And the professionals call this ADHD which includes, among others, these cause and effects;

ADHD - Problems with attention, impulsivity and hyperactivity

Hyperactivity/restlessness: Due to motor activity, not anxiety. These people crave excitement and stimulation.

Communication: Meaningful relationships. However, personal relationships may be difficult and uncertain. Because of egocentricity, poor focus, distractibility, intolerance, etc.

Impatience: Constantly frustrated and crave instant gratification

Excessive behavior: 1) talking due to anxiety, not hyperactivity 2) alcohol/ drugs to self-medicate for anxiety (marijuana popular as it gives a sense of relaxation) 3) movement due to anxiety, not hyperactivity

Go figure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

express you, ask me, challenge it...