Thursday, March 12, 2009

humility

hu·mil·i·ty..n: the quality or state of being humble.
hum·ble..adj: 1: not proud or haughty 2: not pretentious

There is a journey that I am traveling, a person I am aiming to become. Considerate, confident, humble, benevolent…these are some words that I would like to think someone would use if they were describing me. These are words I would like to use to describe myself. Not today, not yet. But I wonder, as I go along this road, this journey of discovery, I wonder when I might be aware of these character traits. On some level I already possess some, maybe all of these traits. The important thing is to continue moving in the direction I have started and believe that I don't have to put any focus on cultivating these characteristics…they will come all by themselves. I only have to live my life the right way. Live by the principles and keep it real.
humble, modest – real
egotistical, self-centered – not real


No comments:

Post a Comment

express you, ask me, challenge it...